Date(s) - 05/13/17
12:30 pm - 5:30 pm
This workshop is for students enrolled in our 300-Hour Hatha Teacher Training course (register at our front desk), for existing 200-Hour certified Yoga Teachers seeking CEUs, and for students interested in advanced studies.
In this Mindful Teaching module, the focus is teachingto students with body image/eating disorders, trauma history, addictions, depression/anxiety.
- The Importance of Language and Cues
- Sensitivity and Inclusiveness
- Class Themes to Address Target Populations
- Appropriate Use of Group Dynamics
- Spatial Sensitivity
- Use of Props in Teaching Special Populations
$85 with 7 day advance registration; $95 after*
* This course requires a minimum of 10 advanced registrations or it will be rescheduled for a future date. Register in advance to ensure the scheduled date.
REGISTER: Online at www.ayogavillage.com or call 727-643-8039
Sandee Nebel, MS, E-RYT-200 is a licensed mental health counselor and qualified supervisor of registered mental health counselor interns, certified eating disorder specialist (CEDS) and approved supervisor (iaedp®), and founder of White Picket Fence Counseling Center and the Better Body Esteem® program. She created Better Body Esteem® to help her clients recover from eating and weight disorders and as a special program with a focus on healing body image issues, a key factor identified on the continuum. Sandee has been practicing yoga on and off the mat since 1972.
Click to download flyer: